The online student news source of Lovejoy High School

The Red Ledger

The Red Ledger

The Red Ledger

Justin Brown

Meridan Cavanaugh, Student Life Editor November 7, 2011

Every student has a story, and Justin Brown’s is quite a tale. It starts with his love for medieval times. Every year, he goes to the Scarborough Fair in Waxahachie, Texas. “It’s pretty fun,”...

Myth vs. Reality: does cold weather make you sick?

Darby Blaylock, Staff Reporter November 4, 2011

As the temperature goes down many people may have rising concerns about catching the flu. With the recent cold front passing through the area, some may get a little paranoid about going out in the cold. In...

Former students face off with NBA star in flag football

Ginger Hervey, Editor-in-chief November 3, 2011

A typical intramural flag football game doesn’t draw much of a crowd. But that all changed on Friday, October 28th. The reason: NBA basketball superstar Kevin Durant made a guest appearance for an Oklahoma...

Catching up with Alex Royer

Catching up with Alex Royer

Alex Royer, Guest contributor November 1, 2011

My name is Alex Royer and I’m in my freshman year at Florida Atlantic University located in Boca Raton, Florida. I went to Lovejoy High School 8th grade through my senior year and was unsure if I was...

Kaden Vannorsdel

Kaden Vannorsdel

Julia Carder, Staff Reporter October 31, 2011

Walking down the hall, sophomore Kaden Vannorsdel looks like any other student. But what you see, you can’t hear. Possessing a passion for music unlike many students on campus, whether it’s posting...

Battle of the brains

Battle of the brains

Amy Minix, Staff Reporter October 24, 2011

Valedictorian. Most would find the honor too far-fetched to achieve, but that is not the case for seniors Macey Shay and Thomas Wang. Midway through the first semester, both have the title of valedictorian...

Mark Scott

Mark Scott

Sam McCorcle, A&E Editor October 24, 2011

Few teenagers find ways in which they are willing to express themselves. For sophomore Mark Scott and his (at one point) token yellow beanie, an outlet of expression has been found. “My love of music...

Behind the scenes of the Broadcast team

Amy Minix, Staff Reporter October 21, 2011

Many students and staff members enjoy watching the “Daily Update” and “LNN Weekly News”, but most people do not know about all the work that goes on behind the scenes to make these productions...

Mixed student reactions to PDA policy

Mary Duncanson, Staff Reporter October 15, 2011

From holding hands in the hallways to a simple hug to kissing in-between classes, public displays of affection are hard to miss these days.  With the young couples being so involved it’s causing controversy...

Load More Stories