The Red Ledger, a production of the newspaper class of Lovejoy High School, was created to be a reliable news source for the student body, community, and general public. News is reported through a variety of mediums to provide timely updates without bias to race, religion, or social creed.
As a news-oriented publication, The Red Ledger tries to maintain an unbiased and fair representation of events in news stories. In columns and editorials, however, the opinion and voice of the reporter is expressed. These views do not represent The Red Ledger or Lovejoy High School as a whole.
Any advertisements for businesses (local or otherwise), upcoming events, clubs or activities, etc. are accepted in The Red Ledger, providing they do not contain vulgar or slanderous language or demeaning messages. Please contact [email protected]
any further questions concerning advertisement. The staff of The Red Ledger will design the ad upon request. The staff reserves the right to refuse advertising based on content appropriate for Lovejoy students.
- The Red Ledger values the opinion of its readers and encourages them to discuss its content.
- Comments containing obscene, suggestive, vulgar, profane (including letters followed by dashes or symbols), threatening, disrespectful, or defamatory language will not be published and will be reported to the administration.
- Attacks on groups or individuals based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or creed will be rejected.
- All threats are taken seriously. If we are worried for someone’s safety, the comment and related identifying information will be passed along to relevant authorities and/or the school administration.
- All comments written from the school network are subject to the school’s Acceptable Use Policies. At the discretion of the staff of The Red Ledger, comments and related identifying information will be passed onto the school administration.
- All comments are approved by The Red Ledger staff. Comments are reviewed as often as possible. This process results in a delay of anywhere from a few hours to a day before a comment is posted.
- Do not misrepresent yourself by using someone else’s name. The Red Ledger does not allow anonymous comments and requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
- The Red Ledger is open to strong opinions and criticism of its work, but The Red Ledger does not publish comments discussing its policies and practices. Please stay on topic.
- Likewise, we welcome strong opinions and criticism of our reporters work. However, personal attacks on reporters’ will not be published.
- If you feel strongly that something was reported poorly, or strongly disagree with an opinion, we encourage you to submit a full article or commentary on the subject: guest columns can be emailed to [email protected]
- The views expressed in comments are solely the authors’ and do not reflect the views of The Red Ledger, Lovejoy High School, or the Town of Lucas.
- Once submitted, comments become the property of The Red Ledger.
Grammatical and factual errors will be corrected in a timely fashion as soon as they are detected. If you find an error, please let the reporter know by commenting on the story or emailing the reporter, and it will be corrected as soon as possible.